General goals for event:
1. Enhance competence in the practice of medicine in the tropics
2. Improve quality of care provided to immigrants, refugees, and those travelling and working abroad
What knowledge will participants gain?
1. Refresh knowledge of clinical aspects of tropical diseases
2. Basic familiarity with diagnostic methods, particularly microscopy and medical microbiology
3. Practice obtaining history and eliciting physical findings from patients with tropical illnesses
Are there any practice outcomes to be expected?
1. Improve ability to assess and treat patients in and from the tropics
2. Improve use and interpretation of relevant diagnostic tests
3. Improve inter-cultural sensitivity to psycho-social aspects of tropical diseases
Tropical Medicine is the study of the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases endemic to equatorial environments
- Lectures 30 hours
- Bedside Discussion 20 hours
- Laboratory Practicals 14 hours
Course to be held in the Infectious Diseases Training and Research Center and in the Department of Clinical Microbiology at the Christian Medical College Vellore. Our facility provides broadband internet access, air conditioned lecture theatre and library of tropical medicine resources. PLEASE BRING YOUR WIRELESS LAPTOP COMPUTER.. Discover More.
Chair: Dr. Michael Libman
Dr. Kristine Morch
Dr. Priscilla Rupali
Dr. Dilip Mathai
Dr. O C Abraham
Dr. Bjorn Blomberg
Dr. Rajiv Karthik